Google Analytics: Metrics That Matter
16 July 2013, 6 – 8:30PM @ Hub Sydney
80% of online retailers are using Google Analytics incorrectly. Consequently, this startling fact also presents an untapped opportunity for those willing to do it properly.
Learn to go beyond the surface level ‘vanity metrics’ such as visits, page views, duration, bounce rates and new visits, which really tell you very little, if anything, about your users and their behaviour.
This class will teach you how to implement GA properly, set up goals & KPI’s and how to analyse data for actionable insights beyond vanity metrics.
Via best practice examples and first-hand experience, our Brandito on the day will cover:
- Introduction and what not to do
- Best practice guidelines when setting up and configuring Google Analytics
- Identifying Actionable Metrics that also Accessible and Auditable
- Setting up Goals & Events
- Metric-based frameworks i.e. Funnels, Cohorts & A/B Testing
- Merits of tools beyond Google Analytics i.e. KISS Metrics, SEMrush
Tags: Google Analytics, KPI / Goal setting, conversions, Analytics Reporting
- Presentation Slides. Hard copies to annotate your own notes during class
- Tools list: A summary of the tools revealed plus comparison against others.
- Resources list: Other resources you can use to teach yourself intermediate and advanced skills beyond the basics.
- Free Q&A post event
- Admission to a new form of sharing and post class support
- BONUS: 20% off discount code for your next event
How to Get Here
101 William Street, Darlinghurst NSW 2010
Paid parking available at multiple locations nearby; Secure Parking 70 Riley St, Darlinghurst
7min walk from Kings Cross Station, 550m walk.
6:00 – 8:30PM
101 William Street, Darlinghurst 2010